Saturday 18 April 2020

I don't want to join that group



I don’t want to join that group

I don’t want to join that group
It seems a very angry thing
That’s keeping people in a loop
To which I’ve nothing new to bring
I’d thank you for the invite though
I’m guessing it was automated
Asking everyone you know
To join the group already stated

I don’t want to join that crowd
It doesn’t appeal at all to me
The membership’s a bit too loud
And proud as far as I can see
And having looked I have to say
The politics behind it all
Appears a little bit one way
Unless I’m being cynical

I don’t want to join that team
Of people over-keen to guess
Posting comments in a stream
Of suppositions more or less
Based on their conjecturing
On which way the wind will blow
Posturing and lecturing
In my opinion all for show

I don’t want to join that band
I guarantee I won’t be missed
Being sometimes out of hand
I’m likely to be booed and hissed
By people who I’ve never met
With strong beliefs at odds with mine
And so it is with scant regret
That I reflectively decline

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!