Thursday 23 April 2020

Face mask in a ditch


Face mask in a ditch

I saw a mask dropped in a ditch
By a thoughtless son of a bitch,
Or, to be fair, it could’ve been,
The daughter of a drama queen,
The brother of a millionaire,
The sister of a French au pair,
The wife of a chiropodist,
The husband of a physicist,
The grandad of an errant son,
The nanny of a catholic nun,    
The mother of a know-it-all,
The father of a criminal.

I saw a mask that doctors wear,
Dumped seemingly, without a care,
I wonder who the perp could be:
A rail worker on ecstasy?
A vicar with an axe to grind?
A policeman with a twisted mind?
A factory worker running late?
A banker in a frenzied state?
A milkman with a messed up head?
A news reporter, keen to spread? 
A roofer with a wrongful view?
A chef who didn’t think it through?

I saw a piece of PPE,
Discarded very recklessly,
Left by someone feeling vile,
Or maybe living in denial:
It’s really quite beyond my guess,
I’m ruminating, more or less,
But seriously, I have to say,
A person who would act that way,
As things progress from bad to worse
Is adding to the COVID curse,
By dumping stuff that spreads disease,
When public health is on its knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!