Wednesday 3 July 2019

Don't make it true



Don’t make it true

Walking in the woods
I look at a tree
And In my mind
Myself I see
Hanging from a branch
In front of me

Strolling past a river
Or a stream
I as if I’m in a dream
See my body
Float face down
Having caused
Myself to drown

Inside a garage
I see a van
Inside the van
A sleeping man
The engine running
Constantly
The fumes
Slowly killing
Me

A hundred
Paracetamol
And
In my mind
I take them all

I see a pump
At a petrol station
And
In my imagination
I can feel
The hot sensation
Of dying
By self-immolation

I think of a tower
And a rushing sound
I hear as I head
Toward the ground
Freefalling
Deathward bound

More thoughts
Following behind
Manifesting
In my mind
And
In my mind
Each one I try
And
In my mind
Each time I die
And
In my mind
I have a view
Of your wish
To follow through
And
In my mind
I beg of you
Dear friend
Don’t make it true
























No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!