Saturday 6 July 2019

Cuckoo



Cuckoo

Coming to a town near you
Heading out to pastures new
City dwellers looking to
Find a place to cuckoo cuckoo
They found one quite recently
Just across the road to me
A den of vulnerability
Housing temporarily
Someone with a vein to feed
A twenty year old gone to seed
A sad looking boy indeed
Previously a child in need
They recruited him to be
A runner for their company
Operating endlessly
Where there’s no CCTV
In the street outside my door
Seems an easy place to score
Their antics the police ignore
Due to cuts response is poor
So they get away with it
We put up with all the shit
That goes with living opposite
A house of people desperate
Burglaries in broad day light
Not a police patrol in spite
Of dealers dealing in plain sight
Operating day and night
I try to keep an open view
I’ve made small talk with a few
Once I shared a word or two
With a young offender who
Sounded like a needy bloke
Hanging out for smack or coke
He wanted money for a smoke
I told him that I was broke
He told me he’d been inside
I felt paranoid he’d spied
Window s I’d left open wide
Locks to break an easy ride
Two days later he was dead
An overdose a neighbour said
Now a new ones’ in his stead
Another by addiction led
Coming to a town near you
Heading out to pastures new
City dwellers looking to
Find a place to cuckoo cuckoo





No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!