Friday 9 June 2017

Facebook Rage

Facebook Rage

I typed an opinion of discontent
And you sent back immediately
An emoji showing your dissent
A statement begging to disagree
I countered with an abrupt remark
(A clever one I thought it was)
That evidently hit the mark
(Your curt reply was very cross)
And so we had an angry row
Like stags with antlers on display
Or boars fighting over a sow
Battling for the final say
There was no surrendering
We fought each other and in the end
I deleted everything
And you removed me as a friend

Now it’s damaged beyond repair
No going back for you and me
Unfriending now seems pretty fair
(Although I took it personally)
Wine and online's a toxic mix
It’s fatal when you’ve had a few
To be broadcasting politics
A keyboard warrior’s point of view
We could’ve used the phone that night
And spoke in private for a while 
Instead we had a public fight
Like rival guests on Jeremy Kyle
Hence aggressive stubborn and proud
The two of us there on the stage
Gave before the watching crowd
A demonstration of Facebook rage







No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!