Monday 23 October 2023

I'd rather be Woke than a Wanker

 I’d rather be Woke than a Wanker

In remembrance of Thatcher
Conservatives each year
Praise the old milk-snatcher
They very much revere
Mail readers highly rank her
Do they think I should too?
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
I’m never voting blue
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
Don’t build a statue please
She demonised
And privatised
Our public industries
I really don’t want to thank her
Feel free to bend your knees
But the North’s still poor
In spite of your
Rose-tinted memories
A lettuce-faced prime minister
Upon resigning spoke
Demonised the sinister
And left-wing cult of woke
The policies that sank her
Are totally insane
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
With a Truss-infected brain
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
The billionaires won’t share
They’ll raid the pots
Buy bigger yachts
And leave the country bare
If you’re not an investment banker
Or a hedge fund billionaire
And still want cuts
You’re either nuts
Or simply not aware
Ex populist party leaders
Employed by GB News
Are currently newsreaders
With very partial views
Could they be any blanker?
I wouldn’t risk a bet
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
With a tightly closed mind-set
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
Especially since Fox said
We’re cultists
And anti-Brits
Mainstream media led
Ridiculous-far-right-rancour
Has like a virus spread
The fear of woke
Makes people choke
Turns faces gammon-red
I’d rather be woke than a wanker
Whatever woke may be
Stonewall
Don’t bother me at all
And nor does CRT
A GB or Fox News Anchor
Might beg to disagree
But I don't care
Please be aware
You’re not my cup of tea

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!