Monday 27 February 2023

Prostate not prostrate

 Prostate not prostrate

“Morning, Mrs King, how are you today?”
“I’ve got a pain down here”, my mum replied,
And pain killers won’t make it go away;
I need some anti-biotics prescribed”,
“Ah, well then, we’d better examine you;
Said the doctor; “Tell me, how does this feel?”
And she pressed on the spot alluded to,
Causing my mum to respond with a squeal:
“Ouch, please stop it, you’re hurting my prostrate!”
To which the doctor, suppressing a grin,
Responded; “Only men have a prostate,
Now breathe in, breathe out, and again; breath in”;
She then, on further examination,
Followed by a brief moment of reflection,
Viewed her patient's on-screen information,
And diagnosed a minor infection,
Easily treated, with penicillin,
Or, due to an allergic reaction,
Its equivalent: amoxicillin;
Plus Co-codamol, for pain distraction,
Which did the trick. And this true, anecdote,
Hopefully told in a manner most grand,
I’ll end with an inimitable quote,
Honouring my mum’s non-existent gland:
"All men, over fifty should get, my dear,
Their prostate (not prostrate) checked every year”

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!