Friday 6 January 2023

The Algorithm

 The Algorithm

The algorithm is a beast
Of appetite gazillion
Glutting on an endless feast
Of personal opinion
It chews digests expels a stream
Of consciousness (depleted)
And everyone receives a meme
Updated or retweeted
Sometimes I fall to pondering
If I should leave the centre
Set myself to wandering
Where enemies would enter
There would be rejection
Unacceptance by the whole
No mirror hall reflection
I’d be deemed to be a troll
But what if I pretend instead
To be in full agreement
Contradict what’s in my head
In favour of appeasement
The algorithm then would change
And following this new lead
Would defecate a different range
Of memes on my newsfeed
The point I’m trying to convey
Is all that’s being written
Goes the algorithm’s way
And everyone gets bitten
We may be individuals
With different points of view
But words being mere victuals
Who is feeding who?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!