Saturday 21 May 2022

Drop Zone

Drop zone

Chronic pain in a private place
Overnight mole sallow face
Muscle wastage brittle bone
I’m in the drop zone
To the great unknown
Overtired broken sleep
Tossing turning and I keep
Getting up to take a pee
Often very painfully
In the morning I’m depressed
What’s the point in getting dressed?
All I do is moan and groan
I’m in the drop zone
Leave me alone
Over anxious tired confused
Read the paper watch the news
Chronic pain won’t go away
Worse than it was yesterday
Google searches amplify
The symptoms am I gonna die?
Ring a doctor join a queue
Cursing waiting can’t get through
Then reception finally
Telling me that the GP
Can only talk to me by phone
I’m in the drop zone
Anxiety prone
MRI PSA
Hope the biopsy’s okay
Hourly sitting on the throne
Such is life in the drop zone
Where anuses are sore with piles
Walking yards can feel like miles
Chest pains are emergencies
Tumours malignancies
Ever wonder to yourself
Why you rarely give your health
More priority than wealth?
Sickness creeping up with stealth
Thinking of a hospice bed
Will you miss me when I’m dead?
Hopefully there’ll be no need
For ages yet to come and read
The epitaph on my headstone
Borrowed time is nearly blown
What I need’s another loan
I’m in the drop zone
I wanna postpone

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments welcome!